Tel: (440) 871-8111
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Bachelor of Arts from Bates College in Lewiston, Maine in 1990
- Juris Doctorate from the Marshall Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia in 1993
As Practice Leader for the Small Business General Counsel and Creditor’s Rights teams at Huffman, Hunt & Klym. LLC, Chris is a constant, creative leader for the firm in developing unique and innovative new approaches to client service.
Chris’ leadership has led to important new directions for the firm, including:
- Investment of time and energy by the firm’s lawyers to help build deeper client relationships,
- Aggressive new billing procedures to emphasize the value that clients are experiencing, and,
- Innovative new steps with clients to encourage more interaction, communication, and simply spending more time together…to be more accessible, helpful, and involved with daily operations of clients.
Decades of service to small business has led to Chris’ comprehensive skillset in supporting small business…ranging from new business venture development and planning, capital raise, structure and organization, daily operational challenges, regulatory compliance, joint ventures and distribution partnerships, intellectual property protection, employment law issues, mergers and acquisitions, company sales models, and much more.
Chris received a Bachelor of Arts from Bates College in Lewiston, Maine in 1990 and a Juris Doctorate from the Marshall Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia in 1993. He is admitted to practice before all Ohio State Courts as well as the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Returning to Rocky River, Ohio in 1993, Chris committed himself both to his legal practice and to serving the community in which he lives. He was a member of the Charter Review Commission in 1996; served the Chairman of the Civil Service Commission for the City of Rocky River from January 2008 to January 2012; and since 2012, Chris has been a Councilman At-Large on the Rocky River City Council. Chris also serves as the Secretary and General Counsel for Lakewood Senior Citizens, Inc., an Ohio nonprofit corporation which provides independent senior living accommodations and services to seniors in northeast Ohio, is a Member of the Board of Directors of the Rocky River Chamber of Commerce, and serves on the finance council of St. Christopher Parish.