Tel: (440) 871-8111
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Estate Planning →
The Small Business General Counsel →
Real Estate →
Creditors’ Rights →
- B.A. from the College of Wooster
- Doctor of Law (J.D.) at Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1980
As a founding member of the law firm of Huffman, Hunt & Klym, LLC, Bill has been a leading contributor to the success, growth, and contribution of legal services in northeast Ohio for more than 35 years. By embracing a philosophy of quality, service and responsiveness, Bill is a major contributor to this powerful foundation into the firm’s culture. And, with decades of community service in Cleveland’s western suburbs, Bill has a deep portfolio of achievements in helping others.
His leadership of the team at HHK has resulted in many important results for the community;
- A strong, broad service offering model…including estate planning services, small business general counsel services, creditors’ rights, and various litigation services.
- Consistent growth in serving more clients, in more ways each year…building a culture of service innovation in the legal world.
- Creating broad professional opportunity for the team members of the firm and developing new service models that many clients have embraced.
With a professional focus in estate planning, his work has been all about innovation, organization, efficiency, and helpfulness, along with creating easy-to-implement and cost-effective service models. It has resulted in a remarkable legacy of service to local families, business owners, and municipal governments.
Bill Huffman earned his B.A. from the College of Wooster and his Doctor of Law (J.D.) at Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1980. From 1988 to 1992, Bill was a member of the Westlake, Ohio City Council. In 1992, he was appointed as Administrative and Presiding Judge of Rocky River Municipal Court completing a 15-month term in December, 1993. From 1996 to 2012, he served as Assistant Director of Law for the City of Westlake and as Legal Advisor to the Westlake City Planning Commission and Westlake Board of Zoning Appeals. Additionally, since his appointment in 1999, Bill has served as Special Counsel to the Attorney General of the State of Ohio. Starting in 2005, he has served as a Director of First Federal Savings and Loan of Lakewood, and, since 2015, as a Director of First Mutual Holding Company. He is a member and Past President of the Lakewood/Rocky River Rotary Club and a member of the Westlake Chamber of Commerce. Bill is admitted to practice before all Ohio and Florida State Courts.