Tel: (440) 871-8111
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- B.A. from John Carroll University in 1992
- Doctor of Law (J.D.) from Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1996.
As Practice Leader for the Estate Planning team at Huffman, Hunt & Klym, LLC, Tom is an innovative lawyer and team leader in building unique, new approaches to this critically important legal service. His clear focus on goal-setting has resulted in clients that are much happier about the process and work that is accomplished by the estate planning team, at rates that are far less than typical law firm models.
Tom’s energy in legal process improvement has led to dramatic new approaches to estate planning services at the firm, including:
- Checklists and standardized processes that clients love, resulting in much simpler client relationships, more efficient production, and faster results; and
- Aggressive new billing procedures that reduce the legal costs associated with the fundamental, basic estate planning work that all families need, making it far more accessible and affordable; and
- Innovation in new client relationships that make starting the estate planning process for clients much easier, simpler to understand from start to finish, and with a fixed fee that is discussed before work begins.
With a strong litigation experience in his background, Tom’s practice has also expanded in areas of guardianship and civil commitments in various probate courts. Particularly in difficult situations of disability, incapacity, and the tragedies of mental health concerns for his clients’ family members, this experience in helping others has proven to be very valuable.
With over 19 years of daily court activity, both at the Ohio state and municipal levels, Tom brings a deep experience in many forms of litigation to the team at HHK. This background significantly broadens the firm’s ability to be of efficient service to clients.
Tom earned his B.A. from John Carroll University in 1992 and his Doctor of Law (J.D.) from Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 1996. His general practice litigation background includes the areas of probate, creditor’s rights, criminal defense, municipal law, real estate/contracts, and personal injury. Tom joined HHK in 2014, was an Associate to the Law Director of the City of Highland Heights, Ohio, and is a member and President Pro Tempore of the Rocky River, Ohio City Council. A Past-President of the Alumni Executive Council of Saint Ignatius High School, Tom was also a prior member of the Cuyahoga County Law Directors Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is admitted to practice before all Ohio State Courts as well as the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.